The interactive Startup Pitch & Partner program is the virtual venue for European life-science and biotech entrepreneurs, founders and startups to present their business idea and network with leading VCs, investors and top biotech/pharma companies. The program evolved from Biotech Networkshop and is organized in partnership between Ascenion and Max Planck Innovation. Selected startups from all life-science areas (e.g. biotech, medtech) will be offered the chance to pitch their venture live on the virtual stage in front of the investor jury members!
The top 10 selected startups will compete for a BioVaria Startup Award in the following two categories:
- Emerging Startups: Pre-seed teams in the founding process or founded within past 4 years. BioVaria Emerging Startup Award: EUR 1,000.
- Rising Startups: Post-seed teams seeking follow-on funding in the near future. BioVaria Rising Startup Award: EUR 2,000.
The BioVaria Startup Jury consisting of leading life-science investors will vote for the best pitch. Winners of the pitch competition will receive the BioVaria Startup Award and benefit from media exposure.
The BioVaria 2021 Startup Jury members are:
- Novo Seeds – Jeroen Bakker
- NRW.BANK – Marek Kozlowski
- High-Tech Gründerfonds – Lena Krzyzak
- Earlybird – Christoph Massner
- Wellington Partners – Marianne Mertens
- Life Sciences Partners (LSP) – Joachim Rothe
- EMBL Ventures – Heinz Schwer
- TVM Capital Life Science – Catello Somma