The interactive Startup Pitch & Partner program is the venue for European life-science and biotech entrepreneurs, founders and startups to present their business idea and network with leading VCs, investors and top biotech/pharma companies. The program evolved from Biotech Networkshop and is organized in partnership between Ascenion and Max Planck Innovation. Startups from all life-science areas (e.g. biotech, medtech, digital health) are welcome to apply and secure the chance to pitch your venture. The top 10 startups will compete for a BioVaria Startup Award in the following two categories:
- Emerging Startups: Pre-seed teams in the founding process or founded within past 4 years. BioVaria Emerging Startup Award: EUR 1,000.
- Rising Startups: Post-seed teams seeking follow-on funding in the near future. BioVaria Rising Startup Award: EUR 3,000.
The BioVaria Startup Jury consisting of leading life-science investors together with Ascenion will shortlist candidate companies for participation in the Startup Pitch & Partner program.
The BioVaria 2020 Startup Jury members are:
- Novo Seeds – Jeroen Bakker
- TVM Capital Life Science – Sascha Berger
- NRW.BANK – Marek Kozlowski
- High-Tech Gründerfonds – Lena Krzyzak
- Earlybird – Christoph Massner
- Wellington Partners – Marianne Mertens
- Life Sciences Partners (LSP) – Joachim Rothe
- EMBL Ventures – Heinz Schwer
The Startup Pitch & Partner program has been designed to promote your startup amongst life-science investors and biotech/pharma executives.
The top 10 startups will pitch on the main stage and are eligible to win a BioVaria Startup Award voted by the Startup Jury. Up to 10 additional teams will receive a slot for a quick-pitch.
Speed Dating meetings with investors will be pre-arranged for all participating startup teams.
All selected startups will receive a deeply discounted registration fee for BioVaria.
QUICK-PITCH STARTUPEUR 250
Startups should register online only after receiving notification of positive selection. Confirmed participation of the selected startups will be dependent on receipt of the registration and payment of at least one delegate from the company by 13 March 2020.